Tuesday 11 October 2011

MURRAY DEFEATS NADAL IN JAPANESE OPEN FINAL! BUT NO ONE SAW IT.

Andy Murray beat high flying Spaniard Rafael Nadal 3-6, 6-2, 6-0 to take the Japanese Open title. Unfortunately for the Scot, the people of Britain were unaware that it had happened.


The number four seed was delighted at beating Nadal for the first time in six meetings and was expecting a great reception upon returning home, but it wasn't to be.

A spokesman for the Tennis star said "When we returned to the airport and there were no family, friends or fans to greet Andy, he must have felt upset, although you couldn't tell as he always has the same expression on his face".

Fans of the sport were bermused when told of Murray's victory in Tokyo and had no idea it was even going on. A confused Colin Mcshane from Murray's hometown in Dunblane said "I didn't even realise there was a Japanese open, but Yay, Go Andy!".

Most devastating of all for Murray will be the fact that his own Mother, Judy, who has avidly supported him throughout his career was oblivious to what was going on, even suggesting it was a prank. She told the press "I think I would know if my son had won a tournament, especially against Nadal, I think he's having you lot on, 6-0 in the final set gave it away for me, my son's good but not that good, bless him".

No comments:

Post a Comment